"We work every day...not just sale day!"

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

MEMORIAL DAY MEMORIES

Memorial Day always brings back memories of lilacs in bloom and rainy days.  As a young boy I vividly remember helping my grandmother collect lilacs from the back yard and gather forget me nots from the North slopes on the ranch.  Country boquets arranged in coffee cans wrapped in tinfoil and weighted with rocks were the order of the day.



We'd load the pickup with me and the cousins riding shot gun to prevent the dreaded 'coffee can tip over' then off on the ten mile treck to the cemetery.  Seemed like she hauled the whole ranch to town that day... and it always rained!      Regardless, I trust you'll pause to remember those who blazed our trails knowing they too had dry years but it was the wet ones that kept them coming back.  One can only hope it will rain on Memorial Day this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment